Are you interested in learning more about fabricating asphalt mixes for laboratory testing? Curious as to the process? Looking for a few PE credits?
Tomorrow afternoon, from 2-3:30, TRB is offering a webinar that promises to meet your needs! Check it out!
Performance testing of asphalt mixtures is becoming more widespread for a variety of reasons and with a variety of testing devices. There are guidelines for conducting these tests, but they do not all provide uniform or comprehensive direction for fabricating test specimens. TRB is hosting a webinar on Wednesday, September 9, 2020 from 2:00 to 3:30 PM Eastern that will discuss state highway agency procedures regarding laboratory fabrication of asphalt performance. The presenters will identify sampling procedures used for materials as well as specific procedures and practices that have been developed for improved consistency in fabricating performance test specimens. They will also determine common challenges and knowledge gaps.
This webinar draws on research from the National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Synthesis Report 552: Practices for Fabricating Asphalt Specimens for Performance Testing in Laboratories.
Some registrants will need to pay $95 to attend this webinar. Sign into MyTRB.org to view registration information.
Webinar agenda and presenters
- Current practice on performance test specimen fabrication: Jo Sias, University of New Hampshire
- Current state agency and partner lab practices on performance test specimen fabrication: Eshan Dave, University of New Hampshire
- Agency case studies: Eshan Dave, University of New Hampshire
- Knowledge gaps and future needs: Jo Sias, University of New Hampshire
- Question and answer session: Moderated by Leslie McCarthy, Federal Highway Administration
The first 60 minutes of the webinar will be for presentations and the final 30 minutes will be reserved for audience questions.
At the end of this webinar, you will able to:
- Identify variables in fabrication processes of asphalt performance test specimens
- Discuss similarities and differences between agency and partner lab practices for fabrication of asphalt lab performance test specimens
- List areas of knowledge gaps and future research needs in improving specimen fabrication practices for asphalt lab performance tests
Professional Development Hour Information
Professional engineers (PEs) who register and attend the entire webinar as an individual will be awarded 1.5 Professional Development Hours (PDHs). TRB’s webinar program awards PDH credits only to the registered individual, and not to other members of a group that view the webinar together. To be eligible for the credits, individuals must remain signed in for the entire webinar, including for any question and answer session following the presentations.
Pre-registration is required. Once the webinar starts, you will be unable to register. Individuals that are registered for a webinar but do not receive their confirmation emails due to their organization’s internal firewalls should contact the TRB Helpdesk for assistance in signing in.
Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
TRB will report credits earned to the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, 1015 15th Street, NW, 8th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum.
As a leader in the asphalt rejuvenation industry, Sripath believes that it is important to offer opportunities for our community. When we see opportunities for asphalt rejuvenators to gain insight into the various steps in their process, we will do our best to get the word out through our blog and social media platforms. If you have an opportunity you would like for us to promote, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know!